Cantor Church, Smallest Church in Iran

with No Comments

This church, which is the smallest one in Iran, was built during Iran’s occupation in World War II by Russian engineers in 1905. During that time, an area called Cantor was under the control of Russian in which they built their offices and this church for praying.

Now, there is a handicraft shop inside the church called Pars Asha. The owner is a nice guy and mostly sell things made by copper and precious stones. There is no entrance fee and based on the information from the owner, it is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
It is located on Daraee street and it’s near other historical places such as Chehel Sotoun (which mean Forty-column Palace) and Caravenseria of Sa’d al-Saltaneh.

To see the location on the map, click here.

Cantor Church
Cantor Church
Asha Pars Handicraft shop
Asha Pars Handicraft shop

 

If you need a guide for sightseeing, contact us for more information.

 

Follow Alireza:

An enthusiastic tour guide and translator :)

Leave a Reply